For the second (and final) time this season, the Winnipeg Jets arrive in Los Angeles without a healthy Evander Kane. In their initial meeting back in October, the Kings rolled to a 4-1 victory on the strength of Martin Jones in goal and at a time when the Pearson-Carter-Toffoli line was running roughshod over the competition.
Most likely, it will be Jonathan Quick in net this time around. However, those three forwards have been put back together on the second line and there is an outside chance the Jets will also have to again deal with defenseman Robyn Regehr, as he is close to returning to action after missing time with a hand injury.
Setting the table for tonight’s action, below are five notes that should help you sound smart while talking hockey with a friend or loved one… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Winnipeg Jets:
1. Jets goalie Michael Hutchinson played 28 games for the Ontario Reign last season, going 22-4-2 with a 2.08 GAA, 921 SV%, and three shutouts.
2. Andrew Ladd, who is tied for the team lead with 15 goals and leads the team in power play goals with six and game winning goals with four, is on a roll right now. He has four goals and 10 points in his last seven games.
3. The Jets are 0-11-3 when trailing after 40 minutes this season.
4. The Jets are 2-5-1 versus the Pacific Division thus far.
5. The Jets have scored two goals or less in four of their last five games.
What might happen on the ice, you ask? Be sure to click here to see the latest predictions in our Puck Probability series – where we are joined by Winnipeg radio personality Rick Ralph.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com