Over the next 72 hours, you’re likely to get more Blues info that you can handle, as the Kings and Blues will be playing a two-game home-and-home series, kicking off Tuesday night in St. Louis. For captain David Backes and his few dozen teammates, they would like nothing more than to beat the Kings. Sure, they would much rather defeat them in the playoffs, but – for now – this is going to have to suffice.
As usual, we want to get you primed and ready, so we have come up with five notes that will very likely make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about St. Louis Blues:
1. Paul Stastny, pictured, joins his dad Peter and older brother Yan as the third Stastny to wear a Blues uniform.
2. Vladamir Tarasenko is on his way to obliterating his numbers from last season, when he had 21 goals and 22 assists. This season, Tarasenko is on pace for 56 goals and 41 assists.
3. The St. Louis Blues are one of five NHL teams who have already reached the 20 win plateau.
4. The Blues have scored four or more goals in six of their last seven home games.
5. Ken Hitchcock’s club has yielded just 18 first period goals, which is tied for the fewest number of goals given up in the opening 20 minutes.
What might happen on the ice, you ask? Be sure to click here to see the latest article in our Puck Probability series.
RELATED CONTENT: Word Association: Kings players take on the Blues
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com