When your team comes from ahead to lose, that usually upsets the coach. Thus, Darryl Sutter probably isn’t the guy you want to speak with at the moment considering the Kings third period collapse in St. Louis last night. There is some good news, though. Less than 48 hours after the final buzzer sounded under the arch, both teams will square off again in Los Angeles. And despite sharing five Kings-Blues items with you just two days ago, we’re back with more. Below are five notes that will very likely make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about St. Louis Blues:
1. Blues coach Ken Hitchcock, pictured, is on pace to coach his team to a single season best 55 wins. This would be the third time a Hitchcock-coached team cracked the 50 win plateau, including last season when the Blues won 52 games under his direction.
2. St. Louis has yet to lose in regulation this season when leading after 40 minutes. They are 10-0-1 thus far when leading after two periods.
3. The Blues have scored the opening goal 14 times this season, winning all 14 of those games.
4. Holding the 16th best penalty killing unit overall (83.7%), the Blues numbers take a dip on the road where they are 20th (78.4%) in the NHL.
5. Tuesday night, St. Louis was two for three on the power play versus the Kings, and they’ll be looking to bring that type of success to Staples Center. On the road this year, the Blues rank third overall when having the man advantage.
What might happen on the ice, you ask? Be sure to click here to see the latest article in our Puck Probability series.
RELATED CONTENT: Word Association: Kings players take on the Blues
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com