Later tonight, the Kings will faceoff with their former Pacific Division foes, the Dallas Stars. Since the recent NHL realignment, the Stars have new jerseys and occupy space in the Central Division. They’re also one of the trendy playoff picks this season. Before the puck drops we have a few tidbits that will make you sound smart while watching the action on TV or hanging out at a sports bar somewhere…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Dallas Stars:
1. At the age of one, Jason Spezza launched his modelling career following the winning of a baby contest. In 1984, he became the poster boy for Baby, a Broadway musical, that was performed in his hometown of Toronto. When he was 5 years old he was selected for a Minute Maid commercial and two years later he modeled clothes for KMART.
2. When 40 year old defenseman, Sergei Gonchar was made the 14th overall pick by the Washington Capitals back in the 1992 NHL Draft, Tyler Seguin was just 5 months old.
3. Current Dallas Stars coach Lindy Ruff has had one Stanley Cup appearance as both a player and coach and that was when he was coaching the Buffalo Sabres (1998-99) versus the Dallas Stars.
4. Shawn Horcoff has a condition known as heterochromia which means he has two different color eyes. One is brown and the other is green
5. Stars goalie, Kari Lehtonen was the second overall pick in the 2002 NHL Draft by the Atlanta Thrashers
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com