After a rather weird ending to their game in Philadelphia, the Kings have traveled across Pennsylvania to take on the Penguins on Thursday night. Get started on your game prep early with a few tidbits that will make you sound smart while watching the action on TV or live in person…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Pittsburgh Penguins:
1. Sidney Crosby’s jersey number (87) and his 2007 contract signing (8.7 million per year) are in line with his birthdate of 8/7/87.
2. Chris Kunitz owns the distinction of being put on waivers twice within 14 days back in October, 2005. He was first waived by the Anaheim Ducks and claimed by the Atlanta Thrashers. Then, the Thrashers released him and the Ducks claimed him back.
3. The backplate of the mask worn by goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury features the letters “EFGT” in honor of his four grandparents.
4. Despite being undrafted, Pascal Dupuis has had 11 seasons of scoring double-digit goals and by next season should reach the 1000 games played milestone.
5. Brandon Sutter, pictured above, is one of 11 Sutters to be drafted by an NHL team. The son of Brent, who was drafted in the first round by the New York Islanders in 1980, Brandon was selected 11th overall by the Carolina Hurricanes in 2007 – the highest of the five second-generation Sutters.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com
[…] – Brandon Sutter will score a goal against his favorite uncle’s […]