They are no longer the Phoenix Coyotes, the 2014-15 edition of the team has been re-branded as the Arizona Coyotes. Yet, they still have one of the best coaches in the league (Dave Tippett), one of the most respected captains (Shane Doan), and one of the best young defensemen (Oliver Ekman-Larsson). With that out of the way, we also have five other notes to pass along that will very likely make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one tonight… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Phoenix Coyotes:
1. Coyotes backup goalie, Devin Dubnyk, has as many wins this season (5) as starting goalie, Mike Smith – despite the fact he has played in only seven of the team’s 26 games.
2. Goaltender Mike Smith owns an 11-4-1 record, 2 shutouts, a 2.16 GAA and a 928 save percentage in 17 career games versus the LA Kings. His 11 wins against the Kings are the most career wins he has over any team in the NHL.
3. The Coytoes are one of eight teams who have yet to win a game this season when trailing after two periods. Arizona has lost all nine of its games in regulation when trailing after 40 minutes.
4. With 7 goals in 25 games, Shane Doan is on pace for 23 goals this season. Only twice in the last 14 seasons has Doan failed to reach the 20 goal plateau.
5. Seven of the 10 Coyotes wins this season have come versus the Pacific Division.
What might happen on the ice tomorrow night? These odds here, supplied by MayorsManor and Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, are a great place to start. They came up with several points sure bets and a few good longshots. Check it out.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com