Expected to meet up in the Stanley Cup Final last season – something that never materialized – the Kings and Bruins will square off on Tuesday night for the first time since last January. In their two-game series last season, each team emerged victorious on home ice. With Boston making their lone stop in So Cal this season, we have five notes to pass along that will very likely make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one tonight… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Boston Bruins:
1. This is a homecoming for Bruins defenseman Kevan Miller. Originally from Santa Clarita, Calif., and Canyon High School, this is Miller’s second season with Boston, after signing as a free agent in 2011.
2. Heading into the Bruins California trip, they have gone 10-4-1 since the injury to captain Zdeno Chara.
3. The Bruins have won four of six games versus the Western Conference this season, including claiming victories in both of their games against Pacific Division foes.
4. With Chara out of the lineup, Dougie Hamilton (9th overall, 2011) has stepped up, with his five goals and 14 points in 24 games putting him well on his way to surpassing last season’s numbers (seven goals and 25 points in 64 games).
5. Loui Eriksson (three goals, 10 assists) and Reilly Smith (four goals, six assists), the duo acquired by the Bruins for Tyler Seguin, have a combined 23 points this season, as compared to the 31 points (18 goals and 13 assists) Seguin has totaled. In the season-plus since the trade, Seguin has recorded 55 goals and 115 points, while Smith and Eriksson have 37 goals and 111 points.
And yes, that is the Dalia Lama in a Bruins hat pictured above. He donned the lid while speaking at TD Garden last month.
What might happen on the ice tomorrow night? These odds here, supplied by MayorsManor and Jimmy Murphy of NHL Network Radio, are a great place to start. They came up with several points worth considering, including a few longshots.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com