Saturday afternoon’s matchup between the Flyers and Kings will be an interesting one. Well, it usually is, but this time there will be at least two extra elements in play. First off, the Flyers are coming off a stretch of six straight losses and will be looking to get back in the win column. Meanwhile, the Kings aren’t exactly known for lighting the lamp often during the daytime over the past few years. In advance of all the action, we have five notes to pass along that will very likely make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one tonight… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about Philadelphia Flyers:
1. The Flyers have scored two goals or less in seven of the last nine games, including being shutout twice during that stretch.
2. Former LA Kings forward Wayne Simmonds leads the Flyers with 10 goals.
3. The Flyers have lost eight consecutive games decided by the shootout dating back to last season.
4. By earning just 4 points on the road this season, Philadelphia has the fewest amongst all 30 NHL teams.
5. Their penalty kill ranks last in the league, largely due to some horrific numbers on the road, where the Flyers PK is operating at a scant 65.1% efficiency. At home, they have killed off nearly 84% of the penalties assessed their way.
What might happen on the ice tomorrow night? These odds here, supplied by MayorsManor and Dave Strehle of The Fourth Period magazine, are a great place to start. They came up with quite a few possibilities to ponder. Check it out.
For more Flyers-Kings tidbits, including a quick bit on Jeff Carter, click here.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com