Forget the vaunted two-goal lead in hockey, the Kings blew a three-goal lead against the Flames last week in the closing minutes of their contest in Los Angeles. Johnny Gaudreau aka Johnny Hockey recorded a hat trick, then added two more goals against Edmonton in Calgary’s next game, and was just announced as the NHL’s First Star of the Week.
A trip to the Saddledome used to be a scary thought for the Kings, but they’ll put Jonathan Quick back in the net tonight – he of the 4-1 career record in Calgary, with a scant 1.46 goals against average. We have even more tidbits for you though. Below are five notes that will certainly make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about Calgary Flames:
1. Flames captain Mark Giordano (10 goals and 35 points) should easily surpass his career best 14 goals and 47 points from last season.
2. Rookie of the Year candidate Johnny Gaudreau has six goals in the Flames past three games.
3. The Flames 50 combined goals in the third period and overtime are more than any other NHL team.
4. Calgary also leads all NHL teams in third period comebacks, as they have seven wins this season after trailing at the second intermission.
5. The Flames 386 turnovers is only surpassed by Edmonton’s 394.
What might happen on the ice, you ask? Be sure to click here to see the latest article in our Puck Probability series.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com