It seems like just a week or so ago that I gave you five things you may not know prior to a Kings-Stars game. Oh wait, that’s right, they play each other three times in less than three weeks this month. Even so, every game needs fresh content, so here is a fresh batch of notes that just might make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one tonight… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Dallas Stars:
1. The Dallas Stars are one of two teams this season who have just one win on home ice (Buffalo is the other).
2. Tyler Seguin’s 12 goals have him tied for the league lead with Rick Nash. At his current pace, Seguin would finish with a whopping 66 goals this season.
3. The Stars have surrendered a smidge under 3.5 goals per game thus far. Only the Columbus Blue Jackets at 3.67 have given up more goals per game.
4. Former Stars captain Mike Modano will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame next week. He was the last active Dallas player who played for the Minnesota North Stars, who drafted him first overall in 1988. [hint: We hear Modano will be dropping by MayorsManor on Sunday for a very special article on the eve of his induction.]
5. The Dallas Stars first season in the lone star state was 1993-94.
What might happen tonight? These odds, supplied by MayorsManor and Stars beat writer Mike Heika, are a MUST read.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com