This is it. In just about a three-week span, the Kings and Stars will have completed their three-game season series. Dallas, fresh off their Friday trade with the Sharks – where they sent defenseman Brenden Dillon to San Jose in exchange for defenseman Jason Demers and a third-round selection in the 2016 NHL Draft – Lindy Ruff and crew will try to win the rubber match vs. Darryl Sutter’s team. Los Angeles won in the initial meeting in Dallas 3-1, but then were shutout 2-0 in the game at home last week.
To get you set for the Saturday night tilt, here are five notes that just might make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one tonight… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Dallas Stars:
1. Dallas is 2-5-4, tied with the San Jose Sharks (2-3-1), for the fewest home wins this season in the NHL.
2. The 68 goals surrendered by the Dallas Stars are the most in the Western Conference, and just one fewer than the 69 given up by Buffalo.
3. Tyler Seguin, pictured, leads the NHL in goals scored, as of Friday morning. His 14 goals account for 25% of the goals scored by the Stars.
4. Defenseman Trevor Daley has scored five goals, while the rest of the blueliners have combined for only two goals.
5. The Dallas Stars are 0-6 on Saturday’s this season.
GAME NOTE: If you missed The Mayor’s podcast with Mike Modano on the eve of his Hall of Fame induction last week, do yourself a favor and click here. It is a must-listen.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com