Those Kings are rolling now. Coming off their second road win of the season, followed by a few days off for Thanksgiving, Darryl Sutter will look to have his guys ready for a much-anticipated faceoff with the Chicago Blackhawks. We’ll assume you already know this is the first time the two clubs will be meeting up since their spectacular seven-game series in the Western Conference Final last season. Thus, we have come up with five additional notes that should make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one tonight… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Chicago Blackhawks:
1. Saturday will be Game 6 of the Blackhawks annual Circus Trip, where the circus literally comes to Chicago and takes over their home arena. Since the 2007-08 season, the Hawks have a record of 25-12-4 on this much talked about roadie.
2. Entering the weekend, Chicago is 6-0-0 when leading after two periods, but just 1-5-1 when trailing after two periods.
3. Only the Pittsburgh Penguins, at plus-27, have a better goal differential than the plus-20 of the Blackhawks.
4. Coach Joel Quenneville’s penalty kill ranks first in the NHL at 90.6%, giving up just six goals in 64 times shorthanded. They have also scored two shorthanded goals.
5. Patrick Kane, pictured, leads the Blackhawks in points (21) and game winning goals (3), is tied for second in goals (8), tied for first with 3 power play goals, and is second in shots (64).
What might happen on the ice Saturday night? These odds here, supplied by MayorsManor and Tab Bamford of The Fourth Period Magazine, are a great place to start. They came up with several points worth considering.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com