Just a few years ago, many of the Kings players were quick to point out it wasn’t nearby Anaheim Ducks that were their biggest rival, but rather the San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks who were their biggest rival. There was serious hatred on both sides of the Kings-Canucks battles, especially after the teams met a few times in the 2011 and 2012 playoffs – reminding fans of their epic battles from the early ’90s, especially their classic series in 1993 featuring unlikely hero Gary Shuchuk in the team’s longest game in their history.
Before they renew their love for each other on Saturday night, we have a few pre-game tidbits to pass along. Study up, as these will make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Vancouver Canucks:
1. Linden Vey is in his second tour of duty with Canucks head coach, Willie Desjardins. Desjardins coached Vey with the Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) form 2006-10.
2. Former King Brad Richardson has scored 14 goals in 89 games with the Canucks after scoring 24 goals in 255 games during his time in Los Angeles.
3. Lucas Sbisa has scored two goals this season as a member of the Vancouver Canucks, equaling his total from his previous two seasons in Anaheim.
4. Henrik Sedin is six minutes older than brother Daniel Sedin.
5. Alexandre Burrows owns spots in both the Canadian and International Ball Hockey Halls of Fame.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com