Before the Kings meet up with the Blues tonight in downtown Los Angeles, arm yourself with a few tidbits that will make you sound smart when talking to the person next to you, regardless of if that’s in the stands, at a bar, or even at home in front of the TV…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the St. Louis Blues:
1. Blues captain David Backes leads all current St. Louis players in points (359), goals (160), and assists (199).
2. Brian Elliott’s 56 wins as a member of the St. Louis Blues places him 13th on the team’s all-time wins list for goalies. He needs just three more victories to vault him into the top 10.
3. When Paul Stastny signed a free agent contract with St. Louis in the off-season he became the third Stastny to play for the Blues, joining his brother, Yan and father, Peter.
4. Before his NHL playing days, Blues forward Steve Ott raced hydroplanes and competed in the American Powerboat Association. His father still races boats and in the off-season, Steve is part of his pit crew.
5. Blues broadcaster Kelly Chase is from Porcupine Plane, Saskatchewan. Population 855.
Puck Probability: Odds for Blues at Kings, October 16
Word Association: Kings players on a six-pack of Blues
Blues coach Hitchcock – ‘Darryl is cheating’ and other comments
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com
good little read, mayor. would love to see more of these.