Kings locker room quotes following 3-1 loss to the New York Rangers…
– Darryl Sutter on team’s performance: “You can’t give up three goals in a game like tonight. The goalie can’t drop his stick. There are some execution issues.”
– Sutter on Quick’s short-handed goal allowed: “No, its not cruel [for the fans to give Quick a fake cheer]. There isn’t anything to talk about. He dropped his stick. What do you want to talk about? Tell him not to drop his stick? It’s his job to stop the puck, so he obviously thought he didn’t need his stick.”
– Sutter on taking Muzzin out of the lineup: “Muzzin is going to have to learn not to turn the puck over if he wants to play, period. That’s not a team problem. It would not be tough to take Muzzin out. Him and Marty [Martinez] are pretty interchangeable.”
– Jonathan Quick on the SHG: “You play 60 minutes and you try to stop the puck for your teammates, that’s the thought process. Everyone gives up that goal and it’s part of the game.”
– Justin Williams on the overall game: “Our five-on-five play needs to improve, it’s non-existent right now. Certainly we need to get dirty, we need to become as a whole, put our work before skill and get dirty and greasy, bang some in, and rebound.”
– Dustin Brown on the overall game: “It just wasn’t consistent enough, I thought our first was good, the second dipped, but from top to bottom we didn’t have the high energy.
For Brown’s full quotes please see the link below.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com
Eva Marie Alonzo says
I’ll take ‘Interchangeable’ ….for now 🙂
Crown Royal says
I’ve said this before so I won’t beat a dead horse. The current Kings roster may not be talented enough to win
the Cup. Despite JQ’s misplay last night he has played well this season and remains the NHL”s best goaltender. There are a few too many weak spots in the line-up, however, to assume the Kings will be back in the finals.
The Kings need more offense from the forwards and the defense needs to be upgraded. RR is past his prime. Muzzin is offensively talented but remains a liability defensively. AM is a bit too small to play with Voynov and probably likewise with DD. WM is doing O.K. but has not yet returned to previous form. Perhaps he will and perhaps this is as good as he will perform. The pieces just don’t fit on defense.
Lewis and Nolan provide speed, penalty killing, and some toughness against big enforcers, respectively. The other bottom six guys are expendable providing the Kings can find someone to win face-offs replacing Stoll. The Kings forwards should look something like this:
The Kings should just forget about Fraser, King, and Carcillo.
By next season Toffoli should replace Williams and Shore should be the 3rd line center. Problem is right now neither Shore or Toffoli are ready for those roles. The Kings have problems…
Sutter should go easy on Muzzin he’s still not as experienced, However Doughty needs to remember he’s on defense and so just that…