– Darryl Sutter on team’s performance: “You can’t give up three goals in a game like tonight. The goalie can’t drop his stick. There are some execution issues.”
– Sutter on Quick’s short-handed goal allowed: “No, its not cruel [for the fans to give Quick a fake cheer]. There isn’t anything to talk about. He dropped his stick. What do you want to talk about? Tell him not to drop his stick? It’s his job to stop the puck, so he obviously thought he didn’t need his stick.”
– Sutter on taking Muzzin out of the lineup: “Muzzin is going to have to learn not to turn the puck over if he wants to play, period. That’s not a team problem. It would not be tough to take Muzzin out. Him and Marty [Martinez] are pretty interchangeable.”
– Jonathan Quick on the SHG: “You play 60 minutes and you try to stop the puck for your teammates, that’s the thought process. Everyone gives up that goal and it’s part of the game.”
– Justin Williams on the overall game: “Our five-on-five play needs to improve, it’s non-existent right now. Certainly we need to get dirty, we need to become as a whole, put our work before skill and get dirty and greasy, bang some in, and rebound.”
– Dustin Brown on the overall game: “It just wasn’t consistent enough, I thought our first was good, the second dipped, but from top to bottom we didn’t have the high energy.
For Brown’s full quotes please see the link below.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com