Following the Kings 2-1 loss in Minnesota on Tuesday, here’s what LA captain Dustin Brown had to share…
– On the third period: “First good shifts. You kind of build on them, and Bernie made a couple saves in the third that he had to. That gave us a chance to win, and we had some opportunities at the end. I don’t know if Backstrom…It looked like he made a great save on Slava there with 10 seconds left. But we didn’t play three periods. We didn’t deserve to win the game.”
– On if he expected a desperate effort from them given their situation: “We knew that coming in. They’re fighting for a playoff spot. They’re right there. There’s…I don’t know three or four teams fighting for two spots, and they want to keep pushing forward. They played with a determination to win the game tonight.”
– On his elbow on Pominville: “I haven’t seen it yet, but I had the puck on my stick. He’s coming to hit me, I’m just bracing myself. Almost a reverse….I don’t know. Like I said, I haven’t seen it, so I don’t know.”
– On if the Kings’ effort was a case of too little too late: “Like I said, first two periods, we didn’t play. I mean they played a good game. They were desperate. They were hungry. We just didn’t have any of that, and we can’t win a game…I mean we’ve done it in the past where we’ve played one good period and won the game, but this time of year it’s not going to happen. Especially against a team like that who needs points.”
– On the line juggling that went on: “At that point we weren’t even playing the right way. So maybe just moving guys around. Give some guys some more ice time that were playing. Hey, that’s sometimes how it goes.”
Bonus quotes from Darryl Sutter…
– On the play of Minnesota: “They’re a veteran hockey club. They’re not a young hockey club and have a lot of guys that are used to playing big games, and that’s what they did.”
– On Carter’s goal: “Big goal going into the third.”
– On if he’s worried about Brown’s elbow being reviewed: “Nope. (Reporter: Did you see it?) Yeah I did. With the puck on your stick it’s pretty tough to do anything else.”
Reaction from the Minnesota locker room has been posted here.
RELATED CONTENT: Jeff Carter on his goal in Minnesota and the Kings 2-1 loss
Special thanks to David Brown for supplying the raw audio from the locker room used for the above quotes.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com.