Comments from forward Trevor Lewis following the Kings 2-1 win on Saturday night over the visiting Anaheim Ducks…
– On Drew Doughty: “I think all year he’s been playing good but just because he wasn’t scoring—he obviously wants to score but I think his confidence is good right now.”
– On the addition of Robyn Regehr with Doughty: “Robyn is solid back there and Drew can really play with anyone, he can play any style so it’s good to see him score some goals.”
– On him setting up Doughty’s goal: “Yeah I just kind of took a peek and I think they were changing or something so I just skated and Stoll did a good job getting the puck and I heard Drew out of my left ear and found him and it just goes in.”
– On the team’s second period play: “I think we can always be better and we needed to clean some things up and I think we did a good job after that we went through a little lull, coming back and being strong.”
– On if both teams were conservative in the first two periods: “I think it’s two good teams playing eliminating each other’s changes so they play a hard game; we play a hard game and it’s not a lot of room out there.”
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com
I think Lewis is right in that the first two periods weren’t necessarily conservative, but both teams were equally limiting chances and making life difficult in the neutral zone. Because literally, one team would turn it over then the other team would turn it right back over. It was hell lol but a seriously entertaining game.