Post-game comments from Jake Muzzin after the LA Kings came back from a 4-1 deficit to defeat the St. Louis Blues 6-4…
– On the overall game: “Crazy, huh?”
– On him saying in his post-game interview inside the arena that the Kings are trying to form an identity at home: “Yeah, be a tough team to play against.”
– On the team already having an identity: “No, I mean every night we had to keep backing it up, you know? And tonight was clearly that. We were down a couple of goals. We had to come back in the third. You know we fight, we stay with it; we ended up winning the game. So it was huge for us.”
– On if he has heard of Bobby Orr, or Paul Coffey: “Yeah, they were great players.”
– On his offensive outburst: “Just great team play – getting pucks to the net, shooting, kind of caught the goalie. I just threw it on net there and caught him cheating I guess there. Looking for a pass maybe across, and it went under his pad. Great group plays by everyone and a great team win.”
– On finding the energy in the third coming of back-to-back games: “We just continue to leave it in here. We’ve got a confident group in here. We’ve got a calm group in here, we have great leaders on the team. Just stay with it and fight. We kind of said in here, that maybe they were waiting for us to come out at them, and that’s what we did. We came out and we got an early one, we got another one, and it just kept building. And the fans were huge for us tonight with the momentum. It just kind of shifted in our favor, and we ended up winning the game.”
– On the mood on the bench when they were down 4-1: “Yeah, it’s not great. But you’ve got to stay with it. It takes 60 minutes to win a hockey game. And it was evident tonight that it does. We stayed with it, we were calm in here between periods. We knew it was going to take a full team effort from the goalies out. And that’s what it was tonight, and we stayed with it, and we got the win.”
– On if Martinez coming back is putting pressure on him: “I focus on what I have to do. The only thing I control is how I play, and what I have to do. So I’m focused on what I gotta do to stay in the lineup and continue playing.”
– On if he’s playing better when he’s with Doughty: “You know…Maybe…I think we’ve been good. We gave up a couple tonight. We’ve got some things to clean up in the D-zone, but we were good offensively tonight, and I think it’s been good so far, and I’d like to continue with it.”
– On the nastiness of the game motivating the team: “We were calm. It’s tough, but we were calm and collected in here. Like I said before, we’ve got great leaders in here. We stayed with it, we stayed with the game plan. It’s a full 60 minutes. They came out hard. We stayed with it. We fought, and in the third period we tilted the momentum and took over. So it was good.”
– On how they tilted the momentum: “Just believing in here. I mean…Like I’ve said, we’ve got a great group of guys, believed we could come back. You know, we’ve got the skill, we’ve got the confidence, got great goalies. And just believe and continue working and we ended up coming back and winning.”
RELATED CONTENT: Word Association – Kings take on the Predators
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com
Muzz definitely shut me up last night!
Muzz clearly has a lot of respect for the leaders on this team.