Last hour we gave you some post-game thoughts from Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne following Friday night’s charity event. Now (above) you can scroll through our exclusive photo gallery as Dustin Penner, Rob Scuderi, Justin Williams and a few other LA Kings tried to shut down a highly potent ‘Ducks’ offense, led by Ryan Getzlaf‘s four goals.
Also, here are some more post-game comments…
– Penner on recent activities surrounding the lockout – “Usually, when the government gets involved, [or the courts], they tend move a little quicker, because now you have someone to answer to, instead of two parties who aren’t regulated by anything.”
– Penner on playing in the game – “It’s always great to help out a charity, especially to CHOC. I’ve been involved with them before. It’s a chance to give back and I think more times than not, you’ll find most athletes and hockey players jumping at the opportunity to do something like this.”
– Getzlaf on the CBA talks – “We’re still hopeful that, maybe in January, we can start, and get half a season in…(But) I’m not confident at all. I’ve tried to be confident through this whole thing, but it seems that every time we’ve tried to come close, they push away.”
– Getzlaf on the process of getting a new deal done – “It’s annoying. The whole process has been a little bit silly to me. It’s hard to understand – even if you’re in the inside. I’m right in the middle of it and I still don’t understand why we can’t sit at the table and bang things out.”
– Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin – “We still have a month to go, in my mind. Something’s got to happen in the next thirty days for us to play a season. Hopefully, it will.”
– George Parros on charity events – “It’s all about serving the community. When you play in these communities you grow fond of them and make attachments. So, when a young team in the area wants to go and play in a Pee Wee tournament, if we can help out, we’re going to do everything we can.”
– Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller on his motivation for supporting local youth hockey – “I remember back when I was a kid in Switzerland and the Pee Wee tournament was the thing that was huge. You knew there would be tons of people watching it and following it. So, everybody wanted to participate in that and I had a chance to go. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, especially at that age. Being from Switzerland and traveling to Canada and seeing a whole other world was really cool.”
For exclusive photos from last month’s Kings v Ducks charity game in LA, click here …or to read Penner’s pre-game comments – where he calls out Getzlaf – click here.
stick tap to Amy Gist for the group shot at the end of the slide show and Gann Matsuda of Frozen Royalty for assistance with some of the quotes
Tyrone Biggums says
This is Great. It’s amazing how two teams team up and play for a greater cause!