Joining us on today’s show is Kings’ defenseman Alec Martinez. The 25-year-old Michigan native has secured his spot on the LA blueline over the past two seasons and can now call himself a Stanley Cup Champion. We’ll talk with him anout how that experience may have shaped most of his summer and dig into a few of the festivities he’s participated in with the Cup.
We’ll also ask Martinez about several of his teammates – including Dustin Brown, Drew Doughty, Trevor Lewis and Dustin Penner. Plus, we’ll throw out some of these topics and see where it takes us:
– His plans during the lockout – Is he staying home or going to Europe?
– His recent use of twitter
– Dodgers, Tigers and Blue Jays baseball
– His heritage and speaking Spanish
– The three most important elements used by the Kings to win the Cup
– Interaction with his fans this summer
– Part of his Cup day being cancelled
– The best and worst NHL jerseys
– Music, movies, golf and much more
Give it a listen down below.
NOTE: We’ll continue to provide conversations with other LA Kings players and hockey related personalities throughout the lockout. Until next time, be sure to check out our show archives – where you can hear stuff with Kevin Westgarth, Colin Fraser, goalie prospect Martin Jones and much more. Click here to get started.
We also have a video interview here, where Martinez talks about growing up a Red Wings fan and going to games with his dad. Plus, here’s the interview we did with him on the ice immediately after the Kings won the Stanley Cup.