- Sharks coach on Todd McLellan on whether he thinks his team accomplished what they could: “ I don’t. I just spent a week, six days anyhow, reviewing the St. Louis series and I heard a lot of the same stuff coming out of their mouths so we didn’t accomplish enough. There’s a team that [...]
Following the Sharks 3-2 loss in Los Angeles on Saturday night, here’s what they were saying back in the San Jose locker room…
- Captain Joe Thornton on how much incentive there was in the game, knowing that home-ice wasn’t possible: “We’re going to go up to Vancouver. Excited to play them. You want to win [...]
Following the Sharks 3-2 shootout over the Kings on Tuesday night, here’s what they were saying in the hometown San Jose dressing room…
Coach Todd McLellan:
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com
Following the Sharks 5-2 loss to the Kings on Saturday night, here’s what they were saying back in the San Jose locker room…
- Captain Joe Thornton on the overall game: “The shots were pretty much even. If you don’t have an A game you have to have a B game and some guys had their D game. [...]
Next Friday in Winkler – a small town in Manitoba, about two hours south of Winnipeg – Dustin Penner will get his ‘Day with the Cup.’ Even thought it’s his second time with the NHL’s top trophy in five years, things will be different he recenlty told us. “Last time I didn’t get to spend [...]
On October 11, 2008 Drew Doughty made his NHL debut in the Kings season opener at San Jose.
Fast forward to his 314th game last night and it was another memorable moment for Doughty against the Sharks. About seven minutes into a scoreless game, he had his first NHL fight – taking on 6-foot-4 Joe Thornton.
Late last night we heard from the Kings and Sharks’ head coaches (linked here), as well as comments from LA’s locker room (link).
Now, we go across the aisle to see what some of the Sharks players were saying after their 2-0 loss to the Kings.
Sharks captain Joe Thornton on the overall game – “Good third [...]
Doughty cleared out in Game 2
Over the last 36 hours, much has been about Drew Doughty‘s exchange with Scott Nichol in game four – which led to a power play goal for the Sharks.
Yet, that wasn’t the only target of Doughty’s verbal assault on Thursday night. He also spent plenty of time in the face [...]
In the coming days MayorsManor will have a plethora of playoff coverage leading up to the first game – notes, interviews, analysis, etc.
To kick things off, here are five tidbits to keep in mind…
* Anze Kopitar – it’s the name that will probably come up more often than any other until this series is over…and [...]
Some credit card commercial says there’s a one-in-18 chance of a hat trick being scored in an NHL game.
So, that’s something that could happen.
However, here are a few of the more likely stories to watch for tonight (and some other loosely connected tidbits)…
* Should the Kings win, they’re officially in the playoffs. Also of note [...]