Last season, Linden Vey made his pro debut with the Manchester Monarchs and went on to post 19 goals and 43 points. A fine rookie season indeed, but a far cry from his 46 goals and 116 points the year prior – en route to winning the WHL scoring title. Yet, that’s what often happens [...]
On his confidence level and if it changes per game:
“I think it’s kind of been the same. I mean obviously getting more opportunities, playing more minutes, means a lot. You got to kind of take it and run with it, so that’s what I’ve been trying to do. Just trying to make plays. You have [...]
Tyler Toffoli post-game thoughts…
- On the overall game: “We played alright. We had a couple of chances to go up, but couldn’t finish. We just have to come here for the next game and play better.”
- On coach Sutter mixing up the lines: “It’s just another game. You just keep your head on a swivel [...]
Video courtesy of KingsVision
RELATED CONTENT: Game 3 morning skate comments from Darryl Sutter
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com
The biggest news coming out of morning skate today is that Tanner Pearson MIGHT make his NHL debut in Game 3. Originally selected by the Kings in the first round of the 2012 draft, Pearson played in Manchester this season and has already been tabbed as LA’s second best prospect behind Tyler Toffoli.
Just like last year, the Kings will once again have a group of prospects in town for the remainder of the playoffs. More commonly known as the Black Aces, the unit started to take shape over the weekend with goaltenders Martin Jones and JF Berube. Now, MayorsManor has learned that approximately 11 players will be [...]
Below is a full recap, including video highlights, of Friday night’s 2-1 win by the Manchester Monarchs – their fifth consecutive victory. First though, a few quick notes:
- Tyler Toffoli left Los Angeles early Friday morning, reformed the ‘White Line’ with his AHL teammates, and looked like he had never missed a beat, assisting on the [...]
As we reported last weekend, defenseman Derek Forbort, the Kings’ 2010 first round draft pick, has signed his Entry Level Contract and turned pro. After getting adjusted to things via a couple practices in Manchester this week, he made his official debut Friday night vs. Connecticut.
But first, he shared some thoughts with MayorsManor…
- On what went into [...]
Towards the end of today’s chat with Kings GM Dean Lombardi we were able to go deep on the team’s top prospects…
- On how important it is to get a first round draft pick back this year (Columbus had the option of taking LA’s first round pick in 2012 or 2013 as part of the [...]
Yes, even though you’ve already read a lot of comments from Kings GM Dean Lombardi on MayorsManor today, we still have more for you!
- On if he’s still looking for a left wing via trade: “No, I think like I said earlier, you still have Brad Richardson, who can play all the positions. That’s one [...]