Let the good times roll. Despite the Kings holding the NHL’s worst road record, claiming just one victory away from Staples Center thus far this season, the team is in Nashville, home of the 2016 NHL All Star Game. More importantly, though, the city houses a few establishments Bob Miller has been known to enjoy a little karaoke in. Man, where is Kings Vision when you need them?
Even without a link to one of Miller’s alleged country-western sing-a-longs, we do have five notes that just might make you sound smart while watching all the action with a friend or loved one Tuesday night… or even at a sports bar talking to strangers…
Five Things You May Not Have Known about the Nashville Predators:
1. Filip Forsberg leads the Predators in goals (nine), assists (13), points (22) and plus/minus (+20). The trade for Forsberg will go down as one of the greatest steals in NHL history. Predators GM David Poile acquired Forsberg from Washington and all he gave up was Martin Erat (now playing for the Arizona Coyotes) and Michael Latta (who has registered one goal and four assists for the Capitals over parts of two seasons).
2. The Nashville Predators are the fifth different team center Mike Ribiero has played for, including the fourth different team in the past four seasons (Dallas, Washington, and Arizona being the others). Ribiero is currently on pace for 20 goals, his highest total since the 22 he scored for Dallas in 2008-09.
3. James Neal has scored 21 goals or more in each of his six NHL campaigns. This season, Neal is on pace for 36 goals, which would be his highest total since 2011-12 when he netted 40 for the Penguins.
4. The Nashville Predators power play at home is operating at a dismal 1-for-28 (3.6%) clip.
5. Predators forward Eric Nystrom served as an assistant coach for Team USA at the 19th World Maccabiah Games in Israel (July/2013).
And a bonus note – Former Kings and Ducks tough guy, Stu Grimson, is the Preds’ TV color analyst this season, after cutting his teeth in the same role on radio the past few seasons.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please remember to include a link to www.MayorsManor.com