Trailing 2-1 after 40 minutes didn’t seem to bother the Kings on Wednesday night. They stormed back for a big third period in Chicago, ultimately winning 6-2, tying the series 1-1. Now comes two more days off, before the Western Conference Final resumes in Los Angeles on Saturday night.
To begin our Game 2 post-game wrap-up, we’ll start some stats courtesy of Jeremy Zager of the Kings PR Dept.:
· The Kings tied a club postseason record with five goals in the third period…done three other times (May 7, 1993 and April 10, 1990 and April 10, 1982)
· The last time the Kings trailed by two goals in a playoff game and won was May 6, 2013 vs. STL
· Jeff Carter scored three goals in the third period…tying club postseason record (Tommy Williams did it April 14, 1974 vs. CHI)
· Jeff Carter had four points in the third period…club record in playoffs (ties NHL record)
· Jeff Carter’s hat trick was the 11th in Kings postseason history (second by him)
- Both of Carter’s playoff hat tricks with the Kings came in Game 2 of the WCF (other was May 15, 2012 at PHX)
Comments from Kings coach Darryl Sutter have been posted here.
Transcribed quotes from Jeff Carter, Anze Kopitar, Tanner Pearson, and Jonathan Quick were posted here.
Plus, here are some flash quotes from Jarret Stoll and Drew Doughty, courtesy of KingsVision…