Following the Kings 5-1 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks, here’s what was being said back in the LA locker room…
- Linden Vey on the overall game: “After every shift and every game I feel a lot better, and it’s good to get the win especially with the rivalry between the two teams the last couple of years. It was an intense game and it’s good to come out with the win.”
- Vey on the game being broadcast on Hockey Night In Canada: “You can just feel the intensity in the arena, the atmosphere and the fans were great tonight. It was good to get the win and it’s kind of a little bit of a coincidence, two games under your belt and two wins, so it’s good to start off well like that.”
- Vey on Tyler Toffoli: “I think Tof and I bring a little bit of energy and excitement, we’re new to the league so we have a lot of excitement coming into the game. We just need to keep rolling and get a few more wins on the road.”
- Tyler Toffoli on the overall game: “It took a little bit of time to adjust back to hockey and I just started heating up again with not just myself, but the whole team was playing really well.”
- Toffoli on playing with Vey: “It’s been no surprise to me that he’s been doing that and giving me the puck and match. It’s good, we’re roommates in the hotel, we’re pretty good friends, so it makes things a whole lot easier. We don’t have to go out of our way to do anything, we have each other to hang out, and at the same time all of the guys have been great helping us out and making us feel really welcome.”
- Toffoli on injured teammates: “As long as we keep winning and get the other guys back healthy, we’ll just keep rolling.”
- Darryl Sutter on his team’s effort: “We were solid. We had a really good start. We were playing against a team that has been playing very well, but we were able to get up a couple [of goals] and keep the lead.”
- Sutter on the Kings’ forecheck: “The majority of goals in this league are scored off of the forecheck. Tonight was no different.”
- Sutter on Vey and Toffoli’s performance: “Both of them showed their offensive composure and their ability to handle pucks under pressure. Tyler is a shooter and Linden is a playmaker. Linden made a good play on Jordan’s goal. Tyler, and his whole line played well.
Post-game quotes from the Canucks locker room can be found here.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com