- Sutter on Muzzin-Doughty pairing: “I think Drew was carrying alot of the mail tonight. His partner is going to have to play alot better.”
- Sutter on Linden Vey: “We tried to put him in opportunities to succeed being his first NHL game.
- Sutter on how did: “We tried to put him in opportunities to succeed. We put him on the powerplay, the penalty kill. Things we talked to him during the summer. We will make a decision on whether he plays Saturday.”
- Sutter on does he take the shutout as a team accomplishment? “Absolutely. “It’s our second one this year, Ben Scrivens had one in Florida, Shutouts are not individual things. It’s not like baseball where you can throw no-hitters.”
- Sutter on Quick saying he doesn’t care if the score is 1-0 or 6-5 as long as the team gets the two points: “Jonathan Quick is a great competitor and I imagine he would think like that. The goaltenders with the best winning record are on the best teams.”
- Impressions on Alec Martinez return to the lineup: “We put him back in. He wants to play. It’s no different than asking about other guys that want to play. We are in a tough division. Quite honest if I said after 16 games we’d have 10 wins, I think that would be OK.
- Sutter on Kopitar finding the scoring touch: “I hadn’t had a problem with it. You’ve made an issue of it. I think every time you’ve asked me, I’ve said he’s been our best player. We’re in Los Angeles and everything is based on what they do.”
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com