Post-game quotes from both locker rooms following the Nashville Predators 4-3 win over the LA Kings on Saturday night…
- Coach Darryl Sutter on Tyler Toffoli: “I give him credit, those kids had a long day yesterday, they didn’t get out until 10:30 last night and didn’t get here until midnight, so I thought he had a strong game.”
- Sutter on the overall game: “We killed similar to a lot of other teams but when there’s one guy breaking, it tends to not matter, and we need some goal tending too. We’re short a guy, so obviously we used a short bench. We have the one guy that can go both sides. Stoll went out early, and that wasn’t effective,”
- Sutter on giving up so many goals at home: “It doesn’t matter where you are, if you get four goals scored on you, you’re going to lose.”
- Center Anze Kopitar on the biggest challenge: “We had a lot of shots like you said but maybe we should have got a little bit more bodies in front of them. I think tonight was a special team that decided the game. “
- Kopitar on the momentum shift in the third period: “I thought we came right off the get-go in the third period and played in their zone and we got a few chances and were able to score on a couple.”
- Tyler Toffoli on being up to NHL speed: “Yeah, obviously you know your adrenaline is going off the start and it’s a huge difference playing at the Staples Center.. there are a lot more fans and its way louder so that definitely helped but at the same time you want to do well and earn your spot on the team and try to stay here.”
- Toffoli on the momentum shift in the third period: “We had to get back in it. We were down by two goals and we just wanted to get one at a time and we did that but unfortunately we gave one back and that’s how it ends.”
- Nashville coach Barry Trotz on the play of Legwand: “He was trying to get to the net in this game and he was more detailed. His game is getting rewarded by working and paying the price and all that. It was good to see him get a reward for some good hard work.”
- Trotz on his line Combinations: “It was a tough night in terms of line combinations. We had Fisher go down and when Fisher went down with a lower body injury Legwand and Cullen went down at the same time too with skate issues, equipment issues. It got a little hairy there on the bench in terms of Centermen. It is what it is, we got through it and we got a good road victory.”
- Rookie Seth Jones on a bounce back game: “We really needed this one, it was a bounce back win for us. We gave up the lead in Phoenix and it wasn’t very fun and we almost did it again tonight…but like I said, guys were blocking shots when they needed to, getting in the way of pucks when they needed to and it was definitely a big win for us to continue the road trip.”
- Jones on Hutton’s play in net: “He played unbelievable for us and we need him to play like that day and day out. He is very consistent with his play and when he keeps us in games we are very happy…he gives everything he’s got and the team really appreciates that.”
- Nashville goalie Carter Hutton on the overall game: “We kind of expected they were going to come out in the third like that and they did. They got a couple goals there on the powerplay….when they come like that and get pucks to the net they are going to create stuff and it was huge for us getting that goal and making it four to three and holding on for the win.”
There isn’t any real update on Jarret Stoll at this time. He did not play in the third period and was being evaluated by team staff.
Today’s top story was Rich Clune talking about Dustin Brown. It’s a must read. Click here if you missed it.
Also, Trotz talks about the Kings roster changes here.