More from the locker rooms at Staples Center following Wednesday’s 4-3 OT win by Los Angeles…
- Justin Williams on the biggest thing to work on for Nashville: “Consistency. We won here on home ice. Home ice has got to be a hard place for teams to come here and play. We need to keep pace in the Western Conference, and we will need another big game.”
- Anze Kopitar on staying aggressive and cutting back on penalties: “The penalties that we were taking were really stick penalties, so we just got to eliminate those and keep hitting. It’s pretty much as easy as it gets.”
- Kopitar on what the Kings need to work on before Saturday’s game vs. Nashville: “First relax a little bit, and then start preparing for the next one. It’s going to be no different than any other day.”
- Kopitar on playing three games in four nights: “It’s probably the closest you can get to playoff hockey this time of the year. I thought it was a lot of intensity, a lot of hitting. As usual when we play these guys, whoever wins the special teams usually comes out on top. We did that tonight and got the two points.
- Sharks coach Todd McLellan on penalties being an issue: “It’s not the end of the world. Penalties are an issue and too many men on the ice is an issue for me… for the same line coming up, maybe even the same individual for it to happen twice is unacceptable… If you take those situations out of the game, it was a hard fought, pretty even game.”
- McLellan on Martin Havlat’s first game back: “He did some good things, I thought he fit in well. It’s not an easy place to come into play your first game… so for him to come back he did a good job.”
- McLellan on having the lead three times and still losing the game: “When we have the lead we should be able to shut it down. The fact that we were even late into the game with the lead was somewhat disappointing.”
- Martin Havlat on his first game back in the lineup: “It wasn’t perfect. It’s what I was expecting. It’s going to take a few games to get the legs and timing back. It’s going to take some time.”
- Logan Couture on repeatedly losing the lead: “Too many penalties. We can’t give them those opportunities. We were sloppy, and just didn’t play great.”
Other Kings-Sharks quotes available at the links below.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com