Flash notes supplied by the Chicago Blackhawks PR team:
• The Chicago Blackhawks opened their Western Conference Final series with a 2-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings to take a 1-0 series lead.
• PATRICK SHARP scored his league-leading eighth goal of the playoffs in the second period tonight … SHARP is tied for fifth in the league with 12 points (8G, 4A) this postseason.
• MICHAL HANDZUS tallied his sixth assist of the playoffs on SHARP’S goal, and now has point in four straight games (1G, 3A).
• MARIAN HOSSA’S sixth playoff goal gave the Blackhawks a 2-1 advantage late in the middle frame … HOSSA is tied with SHARP for the team lead, and fifth in the league, with 12 points (6G, 6A) during the playoffs.
• DUNCAN KEITH earned his team-leading ninth assist of the postseason on HOSSA’S goal … KEITH has four points (4A) in his last four games and shares fifth in the NHL in postseason helpers.
• BRYAN BICKELL extended his career-high postseason point total to seven (5G, 2A) with an assist on HOSSA’S goal … BICKELL has three points (2G, 1A) in his last four contests.
• BICKELL took a postseason-high five shots on goal tonight.
• Tonight’s game marked the 222nd consecutive capacity crowd at the United Center (regular and postseason).
Post-game quotes from both locker rooms coming up next.
GAME 1: Video – Bolland’s hit on Richards, call from NHL coming next?
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com