Prior to Thursday night’s game with the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets, the Kings wore special-edition Dodgers hockey jerseys during warm-ups. It was sure to boil the blood a bit of Blue Jays super-fan Drew Doughty.
Here’s what a few of the Kings’ players told MayorsManor about the experience…
– Kyle Clifford: “I love the Dodgers. It felt good to support them because they’re big supporters of us.”
– Clifford on teammates chirping Doughty about the jersey: “A little bit here and there. Penner’s usually pretty clever, and Greener…(Doughty) wanted to get a Jays jersey out there, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.”
– Colin Fraser: “I’m a fan of baseball itself. The Blue Jays are my go-to team. They’re Canada’s team, most people in Canada love the Blue Jays. But, I play for the Kings and I too like the Dodgers because I’m a fan of the sport.”
– Fraser on who was chirping Doughty the most: “Greener, he’s the biggest Dodger fan in here. He’s a Dodger season ticket holder.”
– Matt Greene on his chirps to Doughty about the jersey: “No. I left him alone on that one…I was worried about myself, and if I could stand up or not.”
– Greene on wearing a Dodgers jersey for the second time (see the related article linked below): “I might be an answer to a trivia question. The only LA athlete to be a professional in both sports.”
– Fraser on Greene not owning up to the chirping: “That’s Greener. He lays out in the weeds, but he gives it to everybody.”
Coach Darryl Sutter said it was “awesome seeing all the jerseys in the room before the game” and mentiond that he took a few photos for his son Chris – who is a big Dodgers fan, but wasn’t at the arena last night like he normally is.
Still no word on what Doughty thought of the experience. He was ‘unavailable’ after the game. Most likely ducking some tough questions from MayorsManor.
RELATED CONTENT: Interviews and videos of Kings with Stanley Cup at Dodger Stadium
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com