The 2013 NHL regular season has come and gone. After 48 games in 99 days, that’s a wrap.
For the Kings, after their 3-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night, they finished the season in fifth place of the Western Conference and will now play the St. Louis Blues in a best-of-seven first round playoff series.
More on that in the morning though – first, let’s take a look at some of the things being said in the Kings’ locker room after their game with the Sharks…
- Anze Kopitar on facing the Blues: “Well we know what we’re getting, they have some big bodies and they play a heavy game. We have some big bodies and we’re pretty familiar, we’ve played them enough in the past season so we know what we’re getting and they know what they’re getting, so it’s a matter of getting ready and just go from there.”
- Kopitar on if the team is getting to the level it needs to be, based on the last three weeks: “I think so. I think tonight was I guess a pretty good finish to the regular season. I thought tonight we played a pretty solid game and against a pretty good team too, so we’re going to have to carry that over. Of course there’s room for improvement but we’re going to have to carry that work ethic right into Tuesday’s game.”
- Kopitar on if there’s any disappointment in not getting home-ice: “No, I mean…We were shooting for that. We came up a point short just like we did last year. So it doesn’t matter. You still have to win four games. It doesn’t matter where you win them.”
- Jonathan Quick on past success against St. Louis: “We’ve caught a few bounces along the way, but that’s not going to play at all into Game One. We both start zero-zero and we’re just going to have to outwork them. They’ve got some big forwards, strong forwards—they go hard at the net, strong on the back end, a couple of skilled guys that can really create stuff on the power play so they got great goaltending. They’re going to bring similar challenges a lot like the other teams in the top eight are going to bring and I think it’s just going to come down to…we got to outwork them in order to get some wins.”
- Quick on the importantance of going into the playoffs with a win: “It wasn’t important at all, it’s just how we played the game. We weren’t really worried about the result tonight. We wanted to just play a good game and I think we accomplished that and getting the win I think, it is what it is. We weren’t really focused on the result as much as we were, how we played during the 60 minutes.”
- Quick on them not caring if they play at home or on the road: “No, you want to play at home. You do. Sleep in your own bed as opposed to traveling. You’d rather play at home obviously.”
- Quick on if he’s playing how he wants to be playing: “It doesn’t matter about right now. It’s Tuesday if I’m playing the way I want to be playing. So we’re looking forward to Tuesday.”
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com