Following the Kings 3-2 shootout win over the visiting Colorado Avalanche, here’s what Jeff Carter had to share…
– On if LA got away from their game tonight: “Yeah, I’d say so. I thought we were really good in the first. I mean we got pucks deep and used their D. You know, when we’re doing that we roll pretty good. We got away from it, they started pressing a little bit, but good or bad it’s a big two points for us.
– On possibly wanting revenge against the Ducks on Saturday: “I don’t know if it’s revenge. It’s a huge two points for us. I mean, you look at the standings everyone seems to be winning. You know, we win games, and we’re not really making any ground for ourselves. So I wouldn’t say it’s revenge, but it’s a big two points.”
– On if he is looking at potential playoff match-ups yet: “We have enough games here. We gotta focus on. We gotta try to lock up some home ice here, and we’ll go from there.”
– On if the line is clicking again, in part, because of Dustin Penner coming back: “Yeah, I thought last game we didn’t do too much, we had a tough one, but I thought like we were skating again tonight. We were getting pucks deep, and creating chances for ourselves. So he’s a big guy, when he’s moving through the middle there he pushes the D back. Creates room for us.”
– On if Colorado’s speed made it tough on the Kings tonight: “Yeah, I mean we took it to them in the first, I thought, with our speed. And then we started to sit back and they came at us a little bit. You know, they have a lot of skill, a lot of guys up front that can kind of wheel and deal. When we play our game they can’t play with us.”
RELATED CONTENT: What will Sutter say? Comments after Kings shootout win over Avs
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com