Tonight the Kings are in Calgary for the final stop on a three-game road trip. The action begins at 7pm PST, but to help get your primed and ready to go, here’s some key preview info…
– Jonathan Bernier was the first goalie off the ice at this morning’s pre-game skate. So, he looks to be the Kings starter. He’s played one game vs. the Flames in his career, a 3-1 loss on Oct. 10, 2010. Since then, they’ve won three straight games at the Saddledome. A few days ago Bernier talked about a possible goaltending controversy in LA here.
– On the other side, Calgary has announced they’ll be starting newly acquired Joey MacDonald in net. He’s 1-0-0 vs. the Kings lifetime with a 3.00 goals against average. That single game came during his days with the Red Wings.
– In an interesting twist, the Kings won both games in Calgary last season and the Flames turned the same trick in LA. Also, in one of their two road wins, each team posted a shutout in the other club’s building.
– The Kings line-up, which featured several changes in Edmonton last night (including Dustin Brown moving back to left wing and Mike Richards playing with Jeff Carter again) is expected to remain in tact. Well, at least there weren’t any changes on the ice this morning. So, that should suggest Simon Gagne, Brad Richardson and Andrew Campbell will remain out of the line-up as healthy scratches.
– While nothing has been confirmed, the latest update we’ve received indicates Alec Martinez could return from injury as soon as this coming Saturday vs. Colorado. So, Jake Muzzin needs to impress Sutter if he wants to remain in the line-up going forward.
– Meanwhile, Campbell continues to dream of playing in the NHL, not tweeting about it (story here)
– MayorsManor Live – Kings at Flames preview show with Kelly Hrudey, listen here
– Word Association: Anze Kopitar, Trevor Lewis and Dustin Penner take on the Jarome Iginla and the Flames (link)
– Former Flames captain Theo Fleury plays Word Association with us (link)
– If you missed what Drew Doughty and Jeff Carter had to say after the game in Edmonton, click here.
– Flashback: Revisiting a Rivalry – Calgary vs. Los Angeles (link)
– Full line combos, defensive pairings and today’s First Goal Contest here.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com