Tonight the Kings are in Edmonton for a game beginning at 7pm PST. Here’s some key preview info to get you prepped and ready…
- Jonathan Quick was the first goalie off the ice at this morning’s pre-game skate. So, he looks to be the Kings starter. In 12 games vs. the Oilers, Quick has posted a 7-1-4 mark, with a 1.63 goals against average.
- On the other side, Edmonton is expected to start Nikolai Khabibulin. He is 20-12-1 vs. the Kings lifetime. Also of note, he’s only started one other game this season.
- The Kings line-up, which will feature several changes (including Kyle Clifford on the top line with Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown) will not have the services of Simon Gagne, Brad Richardson or Andrew Campbell. All three players look to be healthy scratches tonight.
- Speaking of Clifford, he recently said he wants to be known for being more than ‘just a fighter’ and so far so good – seven points (two goals and five assists), after posting just 12 points all of last season.
- Meanwhile, Campbell is dreaming of playing in the NHL, not tweeting about it (link)
- Word Association: Kopitar, Trevor Lewis and Dustin Penner take on the Oilers (link)
- Flashback: Oilers’ rookie Nail Yakupov ties the game vs. the Kings with just 4.7 seconds remaining in regulation, slides across the ice and then reacts to people not being happy with the celebration (link)
- Flashback II: Painting by Numbers with Ryan Smyth
- Former Oilers captain Ethan Moreau signed with the Kings in the summer of 2011, hoping he’d finally realize his dream of winning a Stanley Cup. While his LA teammates went on to hoist the trophy, Moreau’s career had ended a few months prior. What really happened and why did things go down the way they did? He explained it here in an exclusive interview with MayorsManor.
- Remembering Wayne Gretzky’s final game with the Kings (link)
- Remember to enter today’s First Goal Contest here for your shot at a great prize.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com