The Kings did not hold a game day skate in Chicago this morning, which is part of the reason coach Darryl Sutter opted to hold practice on Saturday before flying out of Los Angeles. Before the puck drops at 12:30pm PST, here’s all the key info you need to know…
- Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford will not start. As we discussed on the MayorsManor preview show, he appears to have an ‘upper body’ issue and even skipped practice on Friday. So, Chicago will go with Ray Emery. He’s 4-0-0 overall this season, with a 2.2.1 goals against average. In his career, he holds a 1-0-1 record vs. Los Angeles.
- Jonathan will start for the Kings, that’s about as much as Sutter has shared. So, break out the magic-8 ball if you want to know who will start for the Kings. Immediately following the game on Friday night Sutter said he hadn’t thought about who he would put in the crease today. He also reminded everybody that earlier in the week he had talked about riding the hot goalie (Bernier in this case). Other hints or comments suggested in would go with Quick after all the good practice time he’s had since his last start a week ago in Detroit. Smart money would say it’s Quick, but this isn’t baseball.
- More on Quick: He’s 5-10-1 vs the Blackhawks in his career, with a nearly even split – going 2-5-1 during games played in Chicago. However, he was a perfect 2-0 in the Windy City last season with a minuscule 0.96 goals against.
- Despite his strong play over the last two games, Bernier laughs at the notion of a goalie controversy in LA. Story here.
- Drew Doughty and Dustin Penner had some interesting observations in a game of Word Association using Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and company. Check out their answers here.
- Kyle Clifford says he wants to be known for being more than ‘just a fighter’ and so far so good – seven points (two goals and five assists), after posting just 12 points all of last season.
- Drew Doughty still wants more from the Kings.
- Flashback: Dustin Brown vs. Blackhawks (link)
- Enter today’s First Goal Contest for your shot at a great prize.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com