If you”re not going first overall in the NHL Draft, the next best thing is probably being selected by the Stanley Cup Champions. Such was the experience for Tanner Pearson last June.
Taken 30th overall by Los Angeles, the Kitchener, Ontario native is now halfway through his first pro season and has formed a deadly line with Tyler Toffoli and Linden Vey. They’re Manchester’s top scoring threat and each of them has a shot at being called up from the AHL this year if the Kings need some additional offense or if a spot opens up because of injury.
We currently have Pearson ranked as the second best prospect in the entire Kings organization and first among left wings. With 205lbs on his 6-foot frame, the future power forward is currently tied for third in Monarchs’ scoring (29 points in 45 games).
For his inaugural appearance on the MayorsManor show, here are some of the topics we’ll cover :
– What he’s better at than Toffoli away from the rink
– Something they miss most about Jake Muzzin in Manchester
– Former teammate Rich Clune, who’s now with the Nashville Predators
– Why the Monarchs haven’t won more games this season
– The challenges of living with Andreoff
– Support from his family
– An issue he had with one of his teammates when they were opponents in the OHL
– What the term ‘power forward’ means
– The importance of jersey numbers and much more
Enjoy the show…
NOTE: If you’re on an ipad, iphone or other smartphone, click here to listen to today’s episode.
Be sure to check out some of our other recent guests as well:
For the full list of other Kings related guests who have joined us recently – including Jeff Carer, Drew Doughty, Colin Fraser, Dwight King, Alec Martinez, Jordan Nolan, Dustin Penner and dozens more – click here.
Also be sure to read the just released 2013 mid-season prospect rankings – with detailed analysis and updates on the Kings’ Top 10 prospects.
Thanks for listening!
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com