There’s no denying Ian Laperriere was one of the most popular players in Kings history and remains beloved by fans even now.
Earlier today he was honored by the team in a pre-game ceremony (watch here). But, just take a look at a few of his stats and achievements:
- Played 15 full seasons in the NHL with the Kings Blues, Rangers, Avalanche and Flyers, and nine of those seasons were spent in Los Angeles.
- Recorded 336 points (121 goals, 215 assists) and 1,956 penalty minutes overall in 1,083 career regular season NHL games. He also appeared in 67 career playoff games.
- Had 165 points with the Kings (61 goals, 104 assists) and 1,017 penalty minutes in 595 games. He also appeared in 28 playoff games with LA.
- Fifth all-time in Kings history in penalty minutes (one of five Kings to have more than 1,000 PIM).
- Led the Kings in penalty minutes three times (1999-00, 2001-02 and 2002-03).
- Served as an alternate captain during his tenure with the Kings.
- Awards: Voted the Kings Best Defensive Player three times (1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99), Voted the Kings Most Popular Player three times (1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03), Voted the Kings Most Inspirational Player three times (1996-97, 2000-01, 2002-03), Won Kings Community Service Award in 2003-04.
He’s also appeared on MayorsManor dozens of times since leaving Los Angeles, providing his unique brand of straight-forward insight. Here’s a small sample:
- This week’s MayorsManor show with Laperriere – talking the 2013 season, the Kings honoring him, being a movie star and much more
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com