When Kings’ coach Darryl Sutter gave a major shake-up to the team’s lines last weekend there were some odd pairings on paper. However, the results worked out fine, perhaps even better than expected. LA played a solid game in Detroit on Sunday and then picked up a dominating win in St. Louis on Monday.
Here’s some reaction from around the Kings dressing room about the changes made and some thoughts heading into tonight’s game with the Columbus Blue Jackets…
- Mike Richards on the keys to the game: “Continue to get better. The biggest thing I think for us is just to continue to get better; not have many of those ups and downs. Just kind of keep it the same.”
- Anze Kopitar on the Blue Jackets: “We know what we’re getting. Yeah we didn’t play them too long ago, but even if we didn’t, we pretty much know they’re a speed team. They have some size. They have some mobile D that we have to take care of.”
- Kopitar on playing with Simon Gagne: “I started off with him last year and then he got hurt, so that kind of went out the window. He’s a good player, always makes responsible plays and he’s really dangerous in the offensive zone – and that’s what you want.”
- Trevor Lewis, who hasn’t scored yet this season, on when he might pop his first goal: “Hopefully tonight”
- Dustin Penner on James Wisneiwski: “He plays a lot of minutes, and the reason that is he’s a good defenseman. He’s physical. He’s a skilled guy with grit. So we’ve got to make his welcome back difficult on him. Make sure he’s coughing up the puck.”
Pre-game comments from the Blue Jackets’ Jack Johnson can be seen here.
More pre-game notes from MayorsManor, including info on the starting goalies, have been posted here.
Now for some videos recorded by KingsVision after the morning skate today…
Coach Darryl Sutter:
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news or interviews from this site please include a link to www.MayorsManor.com