In 2009 Mike Modano made his first appearance on MayorsManor. It was an in-depth look back his career, from being drafted in the first round by Minnesota to winning a Stanley Cup in Dallas, from his international success with Team USA to being dropped on his head by some EMTs and he even reflected on breaking a few records set by U.S. born players.
Since then, he’s been back several times – where we discussed his signing with the Red Wings, playing the Kings one final time in LA and, for his last visit, he joined us on the MayorsManor Stanley Cup Final preview show to remind everybody he had been on the Kings bandwagon all season long.
Modano now returns for today’s show, where we’ll do our best to not talk about the lockout. Instead, we’ll hit on some of these topics and see where things take us…
– His recent induction into the USA Hockey Hall of Fame
– Being part of an ownership group that bought a pro hockey team
– Never getting a chance to play in the Winter Classic
– Next week’s 2013 World Junior Championship in Russia
– What’s motivating him during retirement
– A few Darryl Sydor stories
– Tennis, Golf and much more
It’s another conversation with a hockey legend, enjoy…
NOTE: If you’re on an ipad or iphone, click here to listen to today’s episode.
Be sure to check out some of our other recent guests:
For the full list of other guests who have joined us recently – including LA Kings Jeff Carter, Dwight King, Jordan Nolan, Monarchs coach Mark Morris, top prospect Tyler Toffoli, Jim Fox and dozens more – click here.
Thanks for listening!