When Kings GM Dean Lombardi first took over the team in 2006 he talked about building from the net out. After solidifying the goaltending position, he picked up his franchise defenseman in Drew Doughty at the 2008 NHL Draft. Since then, he’s largely been rounding out LA’s prospect pool with various types of forwards – including Tyler Toffoli in 2010, Andy Andreoff in 2011 and Tanner Pearson last June.
This season, that offensive trio are playing out their rookie seasons in the AHL. Further, Andreoff and Pearson are living together in Manchester. Although they both came from the OHL, they’re only just now getting to know each other.
On today’s MayorsManor show, we’ll ask Andreoff about how he’s adjusting to hockey at the next level, get his perspective on changes he still needs to make in his overall game, look at his stats and touch on these items as well…
- One possible reason why he shouldn’t be fighting as much
– Spending time with his teammates off the ice
– Cliques that are developing among this year’s group of Monarchs players
– OHL vs WHL hockey
– Rivalries with other players
– Which current King he wants to model his game after
– Toffoli asks about his tan
– Teammates Rich Clune and goalie Peter Mannino also have questions for him
– Playing in front of Martin Jones vs Mannino
– He’ll also answer some questions from a few fans
Here’s your chance, get to know Kings prospect Andy Andreoff…
NOTE: If you’re on an ipad or iphone, click here to listen to today’s episode.
Be sure to check out some of our other recent guests:
For the full list of other Kings related guests who have joined us recently – including Jim Fox, Colin Fraser, Alec Martinez, Kevin Westgarth, Dwight King, Jordan Nolan, Monarchs coach Mark Morris, goalie Martin Jones and dozens more – click here.
Thanks for listening!