When the NHL lockout finally ends and the players return to action, Kings defenseman Matt Greene will need just 39 games to reach 500 games played. That’s quite the milestone, even for a former second round draft pick.
On today’s show we’ll look back at some of the things that have gone into those 461 games – a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals his rookie season, a trade that had him angry for months on end, signing an extension with the Kings, wearing a letter, scoring his first playoff goal this past June, a parade through downtown LA and more. Plus, we’ll hit these topics as well…
* The early years – Team USA and the Green Bay Gamblers
* Moving away from home as a teenager
* Being engaged and how life will change – or already has
* Alec Martinez needing surgery after being injured in Finland
* His love for the Dodgers
* Word Association using current and former teammates
* What he’d like to do to Drew Doughty
* Worrying about Willie Mitchell
* Twitter/Facebook questions from fans and much more
It’s a pretty candid and even funny conversation – especially for a guy who claims he’s boring. Here we go, enjoy…
NOTE: If you’re on an ipad or iphone, click here to listen to today’s episode.
Be sure to check out some of our other recent guests:
For the full list of other Kings related guests who have joined us recently – including Jim Fox, Colin Fraser, Alec Martinez, Kevin Westgarth, Dwight King, Jordan Nolan, Monarchs coach Mark Morris, prospects Tyler Toffoli, Martin Jones and dozens more – click here.
Thanks for listening!