Earlier today we posted some comments from LA Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi about last night’s charity game and the ongoing NHL lockout. Now, let’s check in with a handful of other players for some more post-game quotes…
- Brad Richardson, who netted two goals in the game, had a few thoughts on one of them being assisted by Colorado Avalanche dman Shane O’Brien – “We grew up together and we’ve worked out together too. So, that’s a nice connection. It was a lot of fun actually. It felt good to play a real game – to come in an hour before and get ready and stuff.”
- Jeff Carter on his first of two goals on the night – “No, Obs (O’Brien) put that one in his own net. He almost had three goals.”
- Richardson interrupted, wanting to further comment on O’Brien’s play – “He almost had a bunch of goals. He had a big night!” …”Two in his own net,” added Carter with a big laugh.
- Richardson on seeing Justin Williams back in town again – “He hasn’t been around, so it’s good. We went out and played tennis today and he kicked my (butt). So, that was good. But, he’s flying out again already. That kinda sucks.” (note: Williams flew into LA on Wednesday and was scheduled to leave this morning)
- Williams, who claimed he grew up playing hockey with O’Brien, also shared some thoughts on his tennis match with Richardson – “I think we played at some point last year and he beat me. He runs every ball down. But, I got some revenge today.”
- Williams on spending some time with his teammates the past few days – “It’s been real nice. I’m skating with four to six guys in the Philadelphia area right now. So, it’s good to come out here and see 15 guys you can skate with and get a little bit more action.”
- Williams on the highs and lows of the lockout talk – “That’s negotiations, right? I mean that’s posturing. That’s all the above. I don’t know exactly what happened today. I’m optimistic every time anyone talks. So, we’re just waiting and seeing, as usual.”
- Williams on the Kings having to wait to defend their championship – “We know we have some fun moments ahead of us. We also know we have a big target on our back as well. Whenever it does get going, we’ll be certainly more than ready now and well rested.”
- Carter on Hurricane Sandy’s impact to the Jersey Shore – “I lucked out. But, I just talked to a guy in North Jersey today and he just got power today. Scuds (Scuderi) was saying that his in-laws still don’t have power. So, it’s still a mess.”
- Carter on the game – “I think it started a little slow and then Stollie (Jarret Stoll) started running into guys, Richie (Richardson) started running into guys. So, it got a little heated up out there a bit.”
Plenty more still to come. Until then, check out the related articles linked below.
MayorsManor on-ice interview with Justin Williams – thoughts moments after winning the Stanley Cup