If you’ve been a fan of MayorsManor the last few years, you know that one of the most quotable members of the LA Kings has to be Kevin Westgarth. From the New Year’s Resolutions he offered his teammates to things he’s learned about them to recalling many of the firsts in his life or even the exclusive details on his bet with Kyle Clifford, the 6-foot-4 tough guy is never short on humor or insight.
Fresh off of last week’s meeting in New York with his teammates – many of whom he hadn’t seen all summer – Westgarth joins us today for another edition of MayorsManor radio.
While we’ll certainly touch on the lockout, what’s led up to it and what’s next…the majority of our conversation will be about other things. Such as:
- Will he get his name on the Stanley Cup?
- Jersey numbers and why he’s worn so many.
- What type of student he was growing up.
- The influence of his parents and did he think about following in their footsteps?
- Other sports he was good at…or supposedly good at.
- Life at Princeton University.
- How he met his wife and the mutual interest they share.
- Some twitter/facebook questions from a few of his fans.
- The infamous ‘post-fight clap,’ a Westgarth trademark.
- Three random questions about his teammates.
Here we go…
NOTE: If you’re on an ipad or iphone, click here to listen to the show.
We’ll continue to provide conversations with other LA Kings players and hockey related personalities throughout the lockout. Until next time, be sure to check out our show archives – where you can hear stuff with Colin Fraser, Cinderella drummer Fred Coury, goalie prospect Martin Jones, Russian hockey talk with Dmitry Chesnokov and much more. Click here to get started..