Oh wait, not so fast.
With a probable lockout looming, camps aren’t likely to start on time. However, that’s not going to slow us down on MayorsManor.
Over the next few weeks we’ll check in with several players to see what they’ve been up to this summer and get their thoughts on a few timely topics.
First up, let’s talk with 2-time Stanley Cup Champion Colin Fraser.
While each player has their own unique story, Fraser certainly knows all about the highs and lows the sport of hockey can deal somebody. In less than three years he went from winning a Cup in Chicago to playing for one of the worst teams in the league…to needing surgery while being caught in a bizarre trade involving the Oilers and Kings…to winning a Cup in Los Angeles.
Wild ride? That’s putting it mildly.
We’ll get into all of that, plus some of this…
– How quickly after winning the Cup did he tell the Kings he wanted to return?
– Stanley Cup etiquette: Is it OK for Doughty to party with Corey Perry?
– Thoughts on Davis Payne, the Kings new assistant coach
– Playing for Darryl Sutter compared to his brother Brent
– Which teammate he’s closest with
– And given his love for Nickelback, we’ll find a way to work that in at least a few times
– Important goals, his parents, nicknames and much more
When you’re done listening to the show below, be sure to get even more laughs with Fraser – check out his first ever MayorsManor interview (referenced during the above interview)…or the time he dished on several teammates…or his now infamous ‘Anything for the Mayor!’ just moments after winning the Stanley Cup.