Shane Doan talks Dustin Brown and LA Kings controversy

After the LA Kings defeated the Phoenix Coyotes in the Western Conference Finals some shady things apparently went down in the post-game handshake line. If you’re unfamiliar with the particulars, you’re highly encouraged to first check out these few articles:

Dustin Penner on being chirped by Antoine Vermette in in the handshake line

Willie Mitchell offers his perspective on the handshake line drama from Phoenix

A few brief comments from Jeff Carter about the situation

Dustin Brown shares unreleased details from the Kings-Coyotes handshake line

Now, let’s flip over to the other side. We caught up with Coyotes’ captain Shane Doan at the NHL Awards in Las Vegas this week – here’s his take on things…

If you missed it, yesterday we posted an interview with St Louis Blues coach Ken Hitchcock – who had a lot of positive things to say about Kings dman Drew Doughty – check that out here…and prior to that, we also posted our interview with LA goalie Jonathan Quick – that’s available here.

For some of our on-ice interviews with Kings players after they won the Stanley Cup, check out some of these links:

Anze Kopitar and his dad

Dustin Penner

A stunned Matt Greene

A teary-eyed Willie Mitchell

Colin Fraser proclaims ‘Anything for the Mayor’ after winning the Stanley Cup

There is also plenty of more coverage linked in the ‘Recent Posts’ section near the top right corner of this page.

Recent Articles

FREE REPLAY: Tonge Talks Kings-Canucks Trade, Nic Dowd on TSN Radio

Follow @mayorNHL
Enjoy a free replay of Andy Tonge on TSN 1040, where he broke down the Kings-Canucks trade – including a detailed look at Nic Dowd.
The segment can be heard using the player below or download any of our audio files for free on the MayorsManor iTunes page located here.

FREE REPLAY: Hoven Talks Doughty Contract, Blake as GM, and Quick’s Workload on NHL Radio

Follow @mayorNHL
Enjoy a free replay of this week’s 2 Man Advantage on NHL Network Radio, where John Hoven joined host Jonathan Davis to talk about Drew Doughty’s contract situation, Rob Blake as the LA Kings General Manager, Jonathan Quick’s workload this season, the return of Marian Gaborik, Adrian Kempe, the Vegas Golden Knights, and more.
The […]

FREE REPLAY: Hoven Talks Kings Good, Bad, Ugly (and Trade Rumor) on NHL Network Radio

Follow @mayorNHL
Enjoy a free replay of John Hoven on NHL Network Radio from earlier today, where he joined hosts Dave Pagnotta and Dennis Bernstein to talk about the Los Angeles Kings first few months of the 2017-18 season – what’s working, what still needs to be changed, GM Rob Blake, coach John Stevens, what they […]

Major News Items

LA Kings 2017 Mid-Season Prospect Rankings: Top Two Players Revealed

The wait is over; it's time to reveal the top two players on our 2017 Mid-Season Prospect Rankings. Which player has earned the coveted No. 1 spot? As we finish off this multi-part series, we'll begin with a thank you … [Read More...]

More Prospect News

Comments

  1. great article, too bad Doan’s laugh is awkward. i expected a manlier laugh from such a tough dude. #BlackShirtKarma

  2. I guess that leadership…. Maybe he won’t even be playing with Yotes next year… Both Doan and Tippet owe Sutter and Brown an apology if not for the handshake line than what was said to the Media after games 3 & 5…

  3. SHANE DOAN – APOLOGIZE! YOU OWE EVERY KING AN APOLOGY AND SO DOES MIKE SMITH… HE OWES A BIGGER ONE! I OFFICIALLY HATE PHOENIX MORE THAN THE DUCKS!

  4. Media Guy says:

    It is hard to hate a guy like Doan. Great to see he is a great guy off the ice. Class guy. Great questions Mayor m

  5. DOAN YOU JUST GOT 75% of the respect i lost for you back. the other 25% will never be there unless you’re playing for the kings or the redwings. peace out and keep your head up, brownies coming for you.

  6. Bringing up something that happened over a month ago at the NHL Awards ceremony shows our lack of class. Get over it – we won the cup.

    Brownie admits he plays on the line and some would say over the line now. Playing like that will get you wins but also enemies. Deal with it and stop focusing on this incident. There will be plenty more now that we have a big target on our back.

  7. It wasn’t Doan that kept bringing that stuff up. I thought he was gracious. Take him on my team anytime. I’m a 30 year Kings fan.

Trackbacks

  1. […] Me: “Bobby Scribe. Surly and Scribe. L.A. Kings news dot com. The blog. John Hoven.” […]

  2. […] We’ve already covered that in-depth from all sides during the playoffs and as part of an exclusive interview with Doan just a few weeks […]