However, due to his recent on-ice actions, we’re going to let him off early for good behavior.
So, following the team’s morning skate today, we sat down for a little one-on-one chat…
– Thoughts heading into game four – “I’m just excited and anxious to get the game started. It’s going to be a tough one for us to close out. The fourth game is always the toughest one. At the same time, we’re confident we’re going to have our best game of the series. We haven’t shown our best yet. Going into tonight, we’re expecting their best and that means we have to exceed their play and be on our game.”
– Can he continue to show such extreme discipline and composure for one more game tonight? – “Oh yeah. It’s not a hard thing to do. It obviously sucks taking a few shots to the face without being able to punch somebody back or you’ll be going to the box. That definitely sucks! But, it’s part of the game and it’s part of helping the team win – whether you do it in-between the whistles or by not taking that penalty to go down a man, it’s so important. Every single time they’re going to be doing everything the can to be chirping me and trying to take me to the box. I’ll still be chirping back, but I’m not going to be taking any penalties.”
– If he could though, who’s the one guy he’d love to punch in the face? – “Definitely (Max) Lapierre. He’s chirping all the time and running me. Last game, after the whistle blew, he tried to take my knees out. He’s a dirty player. But, we knew that before the series and expected that. If he wants to keep running around taking penalties though, I’m quite fine with that.”
– How about the quality of Lapierre’s chirps, anything good? – “Nah, he doesn’t have any good ones. He’s a bad chirper. He doesn’t have it.”
– Do they have any good chirpers on the Canucks? – “For the most part, a lot of the other guys haven’t been chirping much. It’s just been him.”
– Maybe it’s a language barrier thing? – He laughed quite a bit and said, ‘Yeah maybe that’s what it is.”
You many recall just a few weeks ago Doughty stopped by MayorsManor to talk about his hatred for the entire Canucks team, which he put at a level of 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.
So, it sounds like Lapierre has been adding more fuel to the fire.
REMINDER – If you want a chance to win an autographed puck from Dustin Brown, be sure to enter tonight’s First Goal Contest here.
If you missed last night’s MayorsManor show, where we spoke with Daniel Sedin, Jeff Carter and others – click here to listen now.