The Kings are entering uncharted waters tonight against the Sharks. Winners of four in a row for the second time this season, LA has a chance to do something they haven’t done all year, win a fifth straight.
While the Sharks have beaten the Kings two out of the three times they’ve played this season, it was the home team who’s always come out on top so far. Including tonight, they’ll play three times over the final ten games, with two of the games in Los Angeles. Like coach Sutter was talking about after the team’s pre-game skate this morning, you have to win your games at home.
As usual, MayorsManor will host a First Goal Contest tonight. But, before you submit your guess, here’s who two of the players think will score first…
Willie Mitchell – “If we get the first goal, I’ll be happy with that. But, I’ll go with Cartsy (Carter) because he’s new to the rivalry we have with San Jose. So, he’d be a good guy to get the first one and he’s a goal scorer. I say he’s the guy to respond tonight.”
If you’d like to enter, simply leave a comment below with the LA player you think will score first vs. the Sharks. All correct answers will be pooled together and one random winner will be awarded a free pair of tickets to an upcoming Kings home game.
To help you with your selection, the following stats may come in handy…
– Dustin Brown has 11 goals in 46 career games vs San Jose
– Anze Kopitar has 11 goals in 36 games (has also scored in each of the Kings last three games)
– Justin Williams has 1 goal in 17 games
– Mike Richards has 3 goals in 10 games
– Jeff Carter has 5 goals in 8 games (including a hat trick vs. the Sharks in his last game with the Blue Jackets before being traded)
– Jarret Stoll has 4 goals in 34 games
– Drew Doughty has 1 goal in 21 games
Of course, feel free to take Dwight King, Slava Voynov, Kyle Clifford or any of the other Kings players. Just stay clear of Kevin Westgarth, Brad Richardson and Davis Drewiske because they’re expected to once again be healthy scratches from tonight’s game.