Over the last month we’ve heard from the LA Kings players – and it’s pretty clear, they all love Darryl Sutter so far. He’s been engaging, supportive and highly motivational to the guys in the locker room and from behind the bench.
Now, we’ll use David Letterman’s Top Ten List format and combine it with the popular #fillintheblank hashtag idea from twitter to share the answers received from Kings fans when we recently asked them to complete this sentence – ‘The best thing that’s happened since Darryl Sutter took over the LA Kings is __________.’
10) …the Kopitar-Brown-Williams line was finally back together.
9) …I don’t feel so bad about my suits.
8) …the double peace sign exit.
7) …we get to see more of Kyle Clifford’s potential.
6) …Drew Doughty giving Jarret Stoll the love tap goal celebration
4) …different players being given an opportunity in the shootout.
2) …points in almost every game.
And the single best thing that’s happened since Darryl Sutter took over the LA Kings is:
…Sutterisms at the press conferences!
Well, that’s pretty hard to argue. After all, they are - to use the Sutter-perfected three-word format – simply the best.
Thanks to all who contributed to this article via their submissions on twitter and facebook.