A few pregame notes on tonight’s Kings-Flames match-up at The Stapler…
– LA has beaten Calgary three straight games at home, all by the final score of 2-1.
– Curtis Glencross, the Flames leading goal scorer (with 18) was sent back to Calgary after suffering a lower body injury in San Jose on Tuesday.
– The Flames are expected to have four former Kings in the line-up tonight (and it could have been five if Raitis Ivanans wasn’t sent back to the minors a few weeks ago). Their projected line combos are:
Note: The Flames played with a extra defenseman vs the Sharks. If they do that again tonight, Horak will likely be scratched in favor of Anton Babchuk.
– Miikka Kiprusoff will start for the Flames and the Kings will counter with Jonathan Quick in net. Kipper is 17-8-3 lifetime vs. LA, with a 2.17 goals-against average. However, at Staples Center he’s only 6-5-2. Quick is 5-3-0 vs the Flames overall, with a stellar 1.84 GAA.
– Coach Darryl Sutter is not expected to make any line-up changes tonight, so expect to see the following line combos:
Dustin Brown – Anze Kopitar – Justin Williams
Dustin Penner – Mike Richards – Jarret Stoll
Brad Richardson – Andrei Loktionov – Trevor Lewis
Kyle Clifford – Colin Fraser – Trent Hunter
Finally, we’ll be giving away a free pair of tickets in tonight’s MayorsManor First Goal contest. It’s easy to play, simply leave a comment below with the LA player you think will score first vs. the Flames…or reply to the facebook / twitter updates that will come out around 6:30pm. All correct answers will be pooled together and one random winner will get a pair of tickets to see the Kings and Avalanche on Saturday night. Good luck!