Yes, what happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas. In this case though, let’s see how much of the action on the ice has seeped into your brain – or at least how much of it you retain.
For the 14th time, the Kings will host their annual pre-season game in Las Vegas later tonight. Ask anyone who’s ever attended and they’ll tell you the same thing, it’s unlike any other pre-season hockey game.
A lot has gone down in the last decade-plus. Let’s put your knowledge to the test with a (not so simple) 10-question quiz. How many can you get right?
You’ll need at least eight correct answers to be considered part of Kings Royalty…
1. In the history of the Frozen Fury series, the Kings have played three different teams. Name them.
2. How many wins do the Kings have at Frozen Fury?
3. Who scored the first ever Kings goal at Frozen Fury?
5. Which Kings player holds the record for the most career points at Frozen Fury…and how many points is it?
6. During which year did Frozen Fury weekend actually feature two games, instead of the traditional single game?
7. Last year, the Kings beat the Avalanche 3-2. Who scored the game winning goal for LA?
8. A current member of the Kings’ starting roster has only been to Las Vegas one time…and it was last year for Frozen Fury. Who is that player? (hint: I tweeted this answer last week from training camp)
9. Which one of these players did NOT score a Frozen Fury goal for the Kings – Aki Berg, Glen Murray or Jeremy Roenick?
10. Who is the only Kings goalie to record a point at Frozen Fury?
BONUS QUESTION: In 1991, the Kings played the New York Rangers in an outdoor game at Caesar’s Palace. This game is not recognized as being part of the Frozen Fury lineage. However, it was in Vegas. So, who scored the first LA goal in that game?
Answers are available by clicking here.